Hi new to here!

• 17 replies
  • 463 subscribers

hello I'm new to the group. I have recently been diagnosed with breast cancer. I'm still processing it. I was doing ok but it's sinking in this week. Trying to remain positive while I come to terms with this diagnosis. 

• Hello.  Your user name attracted me.  I'm awake watching the snow.  If you click on my name you'll see my profile.  I was treated in Singleton.  You have a treatment plan yet? xx

• Hi yes I'm from North Wales but I know the Swansea area as my Father in law was from Gowerton. I have received treatment plan. Go into hospital for surgery, lumpectomy and sentinel node in three weeks, then radiotherapy . Have grade 1 so caught early ( I think) Was feeling ok but been a bit overwhelmed the last couple of days. I'm jealous that you have snow Laughing I love it. 

• It's so scary hearing the word cancer.  I'm almost 9 years on from my diagnosis.  Just think once you have surgery you technically cancer free.  Radiotherapy is very doable.  Just moisturise skin in prep - your BC nurse will recommend creams.  I kept my  aloe Vera gel in fridge to cool skin.

Smow s , just frozen now.  I'm right down by sea so we don't normally get much 

• Hi Maesteg3

Welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with breast cancer.

Wishing you the best of luck with your surgery.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Hi

I was diagnosed on 1st March, just like yourself, Grade 1.   Everything has happened so quickly for me, I don’t think I have has the time to process  that I have breast cancer.  I had my lumpectomy and sentinel biopsy on Monday, the past few days I have been feeling emotional.  Wishing you all the best for your treatment. 

• Thinking of you and hoping that you are recovering well. I go from feeling ok to feeling emotional. I guess it's a natural reaction. I'm a bit scared of the operation and will be glad to have it . It's good to read positive things about the treatment etc and I'm trying to keep positive. Take care 

• Hi, I had lumpectomy and SNB a week ago . It was fine , better than expected , I’ve managed on paracetamol . Worst bit is not having a shower until dressing comes off ! They give you exercises to do to get your arm moving again . I slept in a v plllow and my arm raised on a normal pillow x 

• Honestly the op was grand, it was the anaesthesia that floored me for 2 days.  The pain is ok I have managed on just Co codomol.  I’m back up on my feet and was able to drive yesterday.  Take care Blush

• Hi  , just thought I’d pop in to add my support and to the others here. I had my op over 5 years ago (lumpectomy and sentinel  node sampling), then on to hormone treatment and 3 weeks of radiotherapy (often just a week these days). I’m still rattling around the site, it’s a great place for support and shared experiences. The op was fine, I’m a weird person who actually likes the anaesthetic! Have had many minor ops to remove various lumps and bumps. Sending love and a big virtual hug, HFxx

HappyFeet1 xx
    Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi