Why do I feel in limbo?

• 2 replies
  • 482 subscribers

Hi, first time posting. I got diagnosed 7th October 23 of grade 3 oestrogen positive cancer in my right breast. Luckily for me I spotted it early and after my lumpectomy and lymph node removal it hadn’t spread to the lymph nodes. I finished my radiotherapy in February and had quite a few nasty burns and blisters, which have now gone. Lots of sharpe needle pain in my breast. Extremely fatigued and weak. I do also have fybromalgia and chronic fatigue so this is like triple whammy. 
my next appointment is in June but a telephone consultation. How do you get over the fear that something was missed and if no one is physically checking you, how will it be found?

oh and I’m also on tamoxifen which I take at night. Only major issue with that is the night sweats and hot flushes during the day. Periods have stopped last one in November 

• Hi Button Moon

Welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear that you were diagnosed with breast cancer.  I suggest that you ring your breast care nurse and ask her if it's possible to change the appointment to a face to face appointment as you feel anxious.  What you are feeling is perfectly natural and one way to try to get over it is to talk to someone about how you are feeling.  You can ring the helpline on 0808 808 00 00 to talk to someone at Macmillan and they can arrange counselling for you if that's what you'd like or if you have a Maggie's centre or another cancer centre near you you could contact them and they can also arrange counselling for you.

Wishing you the best of luck with everything.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Hi, sorry you find yourself in this club.  Your story is identical to mine tho I had a second surgery due to the margins not being clear.  What you are feeling is totally normal.  Once all the treatment, test results and appointments drop you feel you are on your own.  The radiotherapy you received should give you a bit of assurance that nothing has been left.  The Fatique etc you are feeling is totally normal too. You will start to feel a bit more like yourself after 6 months but the new you will take at least 12 months.  Don’t be hard on yourself and take it easy.  Listen to your body and don’t burn up all your energy.  I went in a virtual course “understanding and managing cancer related Fatique”.  You will find it helpful and learn your not alone and what your experiencing comes with the cancer journey.  Hope this helps x