Bras!

• 2 replies
  • 313 subscribers

It's been over two years since my surgeries and treatment, and recently I've put on some weight, so needed a bra fitting. I'm still wearing ones without underwire, but the new ones I've bought seem uncomfortable and they're not great. I've bought from M&S and Bravissimo.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend any other shops, online or otherwise , that supply soft, comfortable bras. And also if anyone wears wired ones after having had surgery. I think I'd like to try with a wire again, but had been advised against it due to numbness in my side and part of my breast.

• I couldn’t wait to get back to normal and have worn my usual underwire bras since six weeks after a lumpectomy with no issues at all. I know I’ve been fortunate as I have no numbness and my scar healed quickly and neatly and is tucked underneath. My boobs have always been slightly different sizes which is a bit more notable after surgery so I do now wear more non-padded ones as I find in padded ones that one cup is less full and gapes a little bit. Perhaps it was just an excuse for me to buy new pretty underwear! 

Breast Cancer Now nurses told me that underwire is not an issue so long as someone is well healed and it isn’t irritating/poorly fitted. I guess it depends where someone’s incision is. Maybe give your breast care unit a call for some advice/reassurance. Happy bra shopping! x

• Thank you for that, I'll have another look at options!