Mum had a hart echo

• 6 replies
  • 315 subscribers

Just wondering as I can’t find anything on here but mum can’t have chemotherapy as hart is not strong enough mums 65  had a mastectomy and 20+ lymph nodes cleared stage 3c breast cancer Bupa have said she needs a Special chemotherapy but not sure  if Bupa will cover it in insurance I don’t see meny people talking about hart echos has anyone else had this outcome before 

• Hi  

I am guessing what your mum had is an echocardiogram and that is something my wife has had but in her case there were no issues that blocked her having chemotherapy.

Not sure what "special chemotherapy" might mean but if you ask the oncology team what is proposed there may be people on here you could share their experiences.

Meanwhile how are you keeping? You might like to drop in on our Family and friends forum or Carers only forum where we help support each other on this journey.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Hi 

I had an echocardiogram before chemo and another after mastectomy I am due another in November. It is done every 4months while on Herceptin. I am 76

hope your mum gets sorted X

• Hi skylark thank you for your support do you mind me asking have you got a bad hart  mums hart is ok pumping the blood it’s the return that is weak kind regards daryl

• The preventive treatment they I am now on can effect your heart which is why I have to be monitored so if your mums is not quite right it would probably be too risky.

There are lots of different treatments and I am sure they will come up with the correct one for your mum.

I am a bit worried though because they want my next one done with a contract dye which I have not had to have before. 

Hope all goes well Xxx

• Thank you can! I hope your next appointment goes well please keep in touch x

• Hi Steve thank you for responding I worry all the time about cancer would be good to talk to someone about my emotions