dull pain in the breast with cancer

• 5 replies
  • 315 subscribers

hi, in the last couple of days I have started to feel a dull pain in my breast. It comes and goes for a few seconds and then goes away... I'm waiting to meet the team and be given a date for the surgery, next Monday.

I called the breast nurse and she told me not to worry. It feels to me as if IT is more alive and growing....I found the lump myself and went to the GP, that's how it all started. I am well and fit so this niggling pain is making me anxious. I tell myself not to worry because it's a matter of a few days and IT will come out of my body.

Has anybody else experience this pain?

• Hi Greenwater

Yes I had that. Used to get a sort of stabbing pain & a bruised pain here & there. When I saw first doctor at the breast clinic I told her that & she said breast cancer doesn’t hurt but mine did! I was same as you & had visions of the cancer growing really quickly but it wasn’t as generally it grows slow so I was told by consultant. The pains carried on doing that though on & off until I had a lumpectomy.

I’d try not to worry (easier said than done I know) but it didn’t seem to mean anything having the pain. 

All the best

Sanguine x

• Thank you Sanguine, it feels better to know that it’s not something horrible happening! Just need to be patient…x

• That’s ok. It’s not easy any of this. Good luck with your surgery x

• Hi, have you had a biopsy recently? I had shooting pains after a biopsy where I'd felt nothing before. The Breast Care Nurse explained that generally I may have become more attuned to any new sensation, but mainly the biopsy does cut through nerves etc which can lead to new sensations. 

All the best.

• That’s what my nurse said, although the biopsy was done on 26/07 and the pain has only come about in the last few days… anyway as I have said before I wanted to know if other ladies have had the same experience..thank you Louise42