Practical gift for friend going for surgery

• 1 reply
  • 318 subscribers

I hope this is ok to post here. I’ve a friend who is going in for breast cancer surgery in a few weeks and I wanted to make her a small “gift package” for going into hospital (I’m not in the same country so can’t visit). I was thinking things that could be useful to her while she’s on the ward like lip balm, hand cream, comfy socks etc. wondering if anyone had suggestions for items that could be comforting and useful to get while recovering but also practical, I’d be very grateful. Thank you :)

• Something cuddly! It is nice to have something fluffy! Some hard boiled sweets…medicines are often nasty! A letter, a note, a card, …kind words go a long way! Tissues,  a book, hand cream or anything skin based! Green tea, hot chocolate…., 

A wish, a dream, a promise of a treat….anything that points to the future, fun and offers a shared time….photos.

Having been through it all…I needed time to myself but I didn’t want to feel forgotten. I didn’t want people, I wanted tokens….I suppose I wanted to know friends were there but not in my face?!? Does that make sense? 

GGx