BRAC RESULTS WAITING TIME

• 14 replies
  • 315 subscribers

Hi,I wondered how long people.were waiting for.the Brac results.I understand that it will differ for different parts of the country.Im in Wales.

• Hi  , I got my results 12 weeks after the consultation and blood test. I’m in Hertfordshire but the hospital was in London. Hope yours is quicker! Xxx

HappyFeet1 xx
    Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi
  • Hi Happyfeet1,

Thank you for your replyGrin.It's just having some idea of the wait I suppose.Mine have gone to Cardiff so not sure if that makes it quicker.Hope you are well xx

• Hi  , thanks I’m doing well. Just to mention, there’s also a BRCA positive group here which you could find helpful. I joined it while I was waiting for my results and although I turned to have a different gene mutation (ATM, less commonly known and only quite recently tested for), I still pop in there from time to time. It’s not nearly as ‘busy’ as this group but still useful. Xx

HappyFeet1 xx
    Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi
  • Hi Budsbails23, I waited 7 weeks from the blood test for my results.  I am in Manchester.

Thankfully all negative, so good luck with yours and hope you are not waiting too long.

Jules

• I've been waiting 10 weeks now (london)

• Got my results last week 19 weeks ...also cardiff. 

• I was told it would be about 8 weeks. I’m in the South West so bloods go to Bristol x 

• I'm reading all these replies and thinking  you've all had blood tests for the faulty gene!   I only done a nose swab and popped it in the post!!

• Hi GillP, I visited the breast unit and had 2 vials of blood taken. My BCN wanted to ensure they had enough for all the tests.  They tested for numerous different genes.

Can you chase this up with your bcn?

• I will have to chase this up. My daughters are flapping about worrying about it.. I will get my surgeon who gave me the test to do, to chase them up.   Thanks