Just need to tell someone

• 19 replies
  • 311 subscribers

Just over 7 years ago l had a mastectomy, and have been on Letrozole ever since.This site was my lifeline as the family didn’t cope well, especially my husband. Today l did my monthly self exam and found an area of tenderness and a feeling that something was different behind.l have made an appointment at the doctor for Monday, but hope you don’t mind  me sharing my fears, otherwise it will be a long weekend!

• Hello, I’m sorry to read this, and I’m glad that you have written. It is horrible waiting for an appointment, but well done you for being so vigilant. Is the tenderness on the mastectomy side? Sometimes people come on here to say that what they found ended up being some scar tissue that has suddely become noticeable. I hope you can find a distraction to help you until Monday. Xx

• Thanks for your reply

The area l found is in my remaining breast. I have been very vigilant because l had lobular cancer, that never showed up in a mammogram. Last time the only clue was an inverted nipple.

l have just booked to go out for tea tonight. That will help.

x

• I understand. I was originally diagnosed with invasive ductal breast cancer, but following my mastectomy they also found an area of lobular in the same breast. It was a bit of a shock 

• I can understand . I have lobular and it didn’t show on a mammo . It took a thorough Gp who found it when I went with another benign lump. Hoping you get your appointment quickly x 

• Hi  , I really hope it’s scar tissue tightening, but well done you for being thorough and acting on what you found. 

Waiting (as of course you know too well) is the pits (and is what I’m in too, as I’ve a recurrence) so keeping busy is the way forward. Try not to double-think, they will do all that’s needed, and worrying isn’t going to change anything except your state of mind (I know, I know!) 

Hugs xxx

Moomy

• Thanks everyone.

I’ve given myself a shake and what will be will be

Just heard that my granddaughter is coming to visit tomorrow to show me her birthday presents..

Always a silver lining to be found!

Happy weekend, especially to those wondering what lies ahead

xx

• You’ve done the right thing.   Best to have it checked out and dealt with, more worrying not knowing.  Enjoy your time with your granddaughter x. Good lunch for Monday x

• Just want to say hi. Had a mastectomy 3 months ago for a ductal cancer. After the operation a lobular cancer was found that didn't show up on mammogram scan or biopsy. To say I was shocked was an understatement and I'm still soo worried about it now.

• Two grandchildren came round to see me so it was a good day.

Even got some gardening done in the sunshine.

Bedtime hugs to everyone x

• I too had lobular which didn’t show on mammogram. 

I hope your appointment tomorrow with GP goes well and that they refer you if needs be. We will be thinking of you.

Hugs xx