Just need to tell someone

• 19 replies
  • 314 subscribers

Just over 7 years ago l had a mastectomy, and have been on Letrozole ever since.This site was my lifeline as the family didn’t cope well, especially my husband. Today l did my monthly self exam and found an area of tenderness and a feeling that something was different behind.l have made an appointment at the doctor for Monday, but hope you don’t mind  me sharing my fears, otherwise it will be a long weekend!

• I have sat at GP, with my churning stomach and they were running an hour late.

She agreed that there was something to feel, so l have a referral.

Never was any good at the waiting game.

Thank you for your good wishes.

Lovexx

• Hi, I’m glad that you have got a referral. The waiting is horrid. I’m 63, so a similarish age. Message if you would like to. Xx

• Hi

Well done you for acting quickly and it’s great you are being referred quickly too 

sending you lots of good wishes and hope you’re not waiting too long ( I agree the waiting is the worst ) xx

• On the hand I wish you hadn’t had to be referred, but on the other am so pleased that GP agreed with you. I hope your breast clinic appointment comes through quickly. If, after a polite wait it hasn’t, do ring them to chase it. Easier said than done, but try to keep busy. Hugs xx

• I have an appointment for next Tuesday.

Its with the same team as last time.  I wonder if the consultant has learnt how to smile in 7 years!

• Glad you’ve got your appointment (and hope you get a smile out of your consultant too!) 

hugs xxx

Moomy

• The sun has done more than shine on me today. I went to the clinic and found that my painful lump is fatty tissue near a nerve and not cancer.

l even got a smile from the consultant, who said that he remembered me, because l had challenged him over a remark he made last time. I must have been brave or upset.

So big hugs to all of you who have helped through the last days. I have my fingers crossed for everyone going through treatment.

Remember , you are all fantastic.

Hugs xx

• Oh good, so great to read this,  , what a relief for you! And a smile too! 

Hugs xxx

Moomy

• What a relief for you. Excellent news! X