Supraclavicular swelling right side

• 9 replies
  • 309 subscribers

I’ve had a bit of a lump just above my right collar bone for about 3 weeks.  Not sore, a bit squishy with a hard centre.  Saw my doctor on Tuesday who organised an ultrasound on Wednesday. Sonographer told to make an appointment next day with GP to organise more tests so trotting off there this morning.   She had her poker face on so no idea what she thinks she’s found and she wouldn’t discuss apart from asking when next oncology appointment was.  That’s not due till July, I’m 18 months post op and on 6 monthly follow ups. Did worry me though when her and her colleague were looking at the screen and started whispering to each other so came home and Dr Googled, I know, I know why do I do it.     

• Oh jeez, oncology just called me to go in first thing Monday morning…the feeling of doom is overwhelming 

• I Tend to Google as well know i should nt. Might be something in nothing try not to worry. I know after CT Scans and PET Scans my anxiety goes through the roof frightened as to what else they will find. Good luck, hope it goes well for you. 

• Thank you x Just been to see my doctor.   I’m in Spain, I think diagnosis of “eeeez bad” sums it up.  Oncology Monday and awaiting CAT scan appointment to decide treatment.   It’s back but in what form I don’t yet know.   I have to say first time around treatment bordered on shocking but seems to be super well planned and speedy this time around.  

• The update is I’ve been referred urgently for ultrasound guided biopsy of the supraclavicular node pLuis a head to pelvis CT scan.  Next oncology meeting 6th May to decide treatment.  a new Oncologist who seems on the ball.  My fingers crossed.

• Hi lovely 

I’m sorry you’re having more tests done but very good that they’re on the ball with it 

All the very best , got everything crossed for you xx

• Sorry to hear you are going through this and just wantto say that I wish you all the best of outcomes.  Take care, M x

• Thanks all.   CT scan tomorrow.   My fingers and toes are crossed.  Not had biopsy date yet but soon so they’ll have results for 6th May.  The oncologist wouldn’t be pinned down to an answer.  Basically she said either recurrence of breast cancer,  lymphoma or some very random auto immune condition. Time will tell but my money is on option one.  My GP has access to my scans and says it’s bad and I need to be a strong woman!

• Oh wow that’s not ideal from your GP when you don’t have a definitive answer as yet ! Xx

• None of that touchy feelie stuff here in Spain.  I’ve had to man up!