Bone scan

• 4 replies
  • 308 subscribers

Hi all I was diagnosed with breast cancer 2021 had mastectomy and lymph nodes removed followed by chemo long story short they forgot to give me radiotherapy 

I complained 

rang breast nurse start of February as I felt a lump in my left breast seen surgeon he couldn’t find anything ultrasound came back clear had bone scan last week rang today for results was told he couldn’t give me them until had team meeting talk

His secretary told me not to worry ring back Monday 

So obviously am worried as am assuming he’d have told me if results were clear has anyone had anything similar when ringing up for results?

• I’ve been chasing for results too, following a recurrence diagnosis, it’s frustrating isn’t it? 

However, the bone scan for me is done at a different hospital which has a nuclear medicine department and results do take 5-7 days and the team do need to discuss. Mine meet a few times a week and the whole team meet to discuss all patients needs, test results and treatments, with the oncologists as well as surgeons and BCNs. That way everything is fully on point and they all know exactly what you’re going to need going forward. 

i know we are all anxious, it’s exhausting being in limbo, but keeping busy does help.

hugs xxx

Moomy

• Hi thanks for your reply yep I’m going to try and keep busy will be anxious all weekend hopefully all will be okFingers crossed

hope the results youre waiting for turn out to be ok xx

• Hi, I think it's common practise at most hospitals not to talk to patients about results until after the MDT (multi disciplinary team) meeting. This is where all relevant experts look at all cases and agree on a course of action, whether clear or needing treatment.   Best wishes 

Community Champion badge

• I know I finished chemo May 2022 so just anxious not had to wait on scan results for a while hopefully all will be ok Fingers crossedthanks for your response