Struggling

• 4 replies
  • 310 subscribers

Hi

I had breast cancer 3 years ago and I've been doing well but over the last 3 weeks been struggling with new pains. Spoke to my oncologist who wasn't to concerned but then yesterday another new item my right breast has a slight pink colouring so straight away I have gone to a dark worrying state of mind thinking its come back. Its stupid because i had a all clear monogram 7 weeks ago but I can't stop thinking that its the worse case scenario and the waiting for a CT scan i the worst.

• Hi BessieBoo81 welcome to the forum and believe me when I tell you that you are not alone in how and what you are feeling. I think we can all  relate to that after time when we get new pains and immediately our minds go to the worst case scenario and we all do it.  Nothing anyone can say is going to reassure you until that scan is done and the results are back and you get some relief until the next mammogram.

gail

Community Champion Badge

• I’m in the same position.    Finished treatment almost a year ago to the day.   Found a lump just above my collarbone which I thought I’d best mention to doc.   This was Tuesday this week, had ultrasound next day, told to make an appointment back with GP urgently. Before I could do that a new oncology appointment came through for Monday.  Saw my GP yesterday who wouldn’t go into detail apart from the fact it’s bad and I need to be strong.   Her system shows my oncology appointment and a request for a CT scan.   It’s all moving super fast, I’m in a state of shock.   I don’t normally like taking tables but she’s given me some gentle tranquillisers which at least means I can sleep.

• Sorry to hear this Ochno, I hope you get the scan and the follow up soon, so that you have the facts to deal with.  It's so easy to go to the worst case scenario, I think that's natural.  Best wishes 

Community Champion badge

• Hi, the waiting is hard, but hold on to the fact you had a clear mammogram.  I felt a new lump a few weeks ago, had a mammogram, ultrasound and MRI and it was all clear, I hope it's the same for yourself.   Best wishes 

Community Champion badge