Post surgery bras

• 2 replies
  • 313 subscribers

Can anyone recommend a good post reconstruction surgery bra please? I’ve tried one from M&S , Joh. Lewis and Amazon and not completely convinced it’s doing its job. 

One another note… does anyone know how long it takes for implants to settle? I had a bi-lateral mastectomy surgery two and a half weeks ago and still have loads of numbness. I realise it won’t look or feel as it did before and probably never would, but this numb dead feeling is getting me down. 

• Hi Menna, 

I used one from 'Anita' cares range (the model was called 'lynn' I think) and it was very comfortable but you night need something with more compression at the moment. You can have a look on the store locator on the website for stockists of 'breast care' products which are located near you to find a good bra shop nearby where you can look at and try on different models. They usually stock a variety of brands and offer great advice for your needs (usually it's best to ring and make an appointment in advance).

I hope that helps xx

• I had an implant too and it takes a long time to finally settle, more in terms of a year or so rather than months. Plus some of the nerves which have been cut don’t grow back fully, so you may have quite a bit of numbness going forward. 

Hope the shape settles, again that can take quite a time. You’ve had a big surgery and recovery takes a while, so be patient but vigilant.

sorry, no bra advice apart from keeping trying and maybe book an appointment with a fitter….

Hugs xxx

Moomy