Pain after biopsy

• 2 replies
  • 313 subscribers

Hope everyone is having a nice Saturday!

Just wondering if anyone would mind share their experience with pain post-biopsy has been (if any)?

I had a core needle biopsy 8 days ago and after the local anaesthetic had worn off I had some pain and discomfort for a couple of days, with a reasonable amount of bruising which is now fading well.

I’ve now started to get pains now and then, mainly on and close to where the lump is. I know it’s different for everyone but it would be good to know what others have experienced?

Edit: I’m waiting for my biopsy results, so as it stands unsure if benign or not.

• HI Misslottie77,

I had my core biopsy 6 weeks ago and I did occasionally feel some pain in the area the biopsy had been done.  This was only slight and I did not need to take any painkillers for it.  I would find myself massaging small circles on my breast exactly where the biopsy was taken.  It was a reflex and only then did I realise there was discomfort.  Did they put a tag in after the biopsy?  I wondered if that was also what I was feeling.  

If you feel that the pain is excessive then you can always contact your BCN and they can advise or put your mind at rest.

Hope you have your results soon and stay positive for a good outcome Slight smile

Jules

• I had pain/discomfort following my biopsy and was still there when I went for my mastectomy 4.5 weeks later. My BCN wasn’t concerned when I mentioned it.