Cold capping- when to wash conditioner?

• 4 replies
  • 314 subscribers

First EC just done with cold capping- frozen/chemo brain may or may not have been told when to wash out conditioner. grateful for any advice. I’m pretty certain this has already been discussed but Im in no fit state to search WinkRofl

• Hiya ,I usually wash it out the following morning -mainly because I'm too lazy to do it on chemo day ! I just leave a hat on throughout the evening as it looks a bit iof a state with the conditioner on .I think the guidance just says it should be rinsed out within 24 hrs

• Brilliant thank you - that’s what I did. Now the wait to see if it works Fingers crossed

• Hi, I wait at least 3 days before washing my hair. I read somewhere that it’s best not to do it straight away. It looks awful for a few days but I normally just wear a hat if I go out. I am due to have my last session on Tuesday and have quite a lot of hair left. I also only wash it once a week, don’t use an hair dryer or straighteners and don’t tie it up to try and give my hair the best chance. 

• I had my first chemo session last Monday (TC) so today is day 8 and I'm yet to wash mine! Ewwwww. The nurses told me not to so I'm doing as I'm told for once. It looks fine, just wear a hat.