Letrozole and irregular heart rhythm

• 2 replies
  • 313 subscribers

Hello all,

I've been on Letrozole for about a month and I've been having an irregular heart rhythm over the last couple of days. Chest discomfort keeps waking me up in the middle of the night and it's really scary. I'll speak with my oncologist about that but I was wondering if someone has experienced something similar. Any information and advice on that will be greatly appreciated! 

Lana xx 

• Hi Lana.  I have been on letrozole along with monthly zoladex injections for 2 years. I have very recently been diagnosed with high blood pressure. Not sure if you have that checked regularly?  I'm just glad i decided to pop in the chemist for my blood pressure checking. I'm now on blood pressure medication and am being checked regularly.

I wake a lot in the night and stress myself into oblivion which at times has made my heart race but I'm not sure if that is linked but stress cause lots of side effects.

Definitely worth speaking to your breast nurse or oncologist.  Take care x 

• Thank you for your reply, Stephj! Stress and anxiety definitely play a role and make all the side effects much worse! The very best of luck with your treatment!

Lana xx