seizure after 3rd ec chemo, now stopped, struggling

• 4 replies
  • 315 subscribers

so confused and struggling mentally, ended up in hospital, a&e by ambulance as had 2 seizures at home early hours after chemo, and 3rd seizure at the hospital, husband was terrified, i dont remember much about it.  saw oncologist, now instead of having 3 more sessions, with light at the end of the tunnel, no further liquid chemo, immediately on hormone treatment, seizure tablets, pending endo referrall for tests and  treatment as they think my blood levels arent right.  now 5 years on hormone therapy, radio therapy, just waiting for appointment with radiotherapist to see how many i will need, then 2 years on oral chemo.  have no idea how this will effect me, currently off work, pins and needles in arm, masectomy right side, left arm damaged from canala put in whilst on overnight stay.  just feel in limbo, never felt this low in all of my life, so many tablets, so much pain, god knows how husband has coped with this, the mental side is horrific, thank god i cold capped as still have some hair left.

sorry to rant, but light at end of the tunnel just seemed to have got a lot further away - hugs to everyone going through this

• Oh wicks - sounds like a nightmare. Sending lots of hugs. Try stay positive and try not to worry about others. Xxx

• Hugs to you for all you’ve been through. That is a lot to have happened. 

• I’m so sorry to read all you are going through! The adjustment between waiting to hear information about your treatment to then accepting what that will be cannot be underestimated and you have now had to go through this twice - letting one situation go and finding your new way. I hope your blood levels even out, and reassurance about your new treatment path comes soon. Meanwhile, remember how strong you are - cancer and the associated treatments don’t define us. Be gentle with yourself.

• How are you doing now w1cky? Been thinking about you. Hope things have settled down. Xx