Reacting well to chemotherapy

• 14 replies
  • 315 subscribers

Hi all, 

I met with my consultant today, she examined my breast and confirmed that it had already reduced in size! Which I'm so happy about :) that's after one round of the 'red devil' chemo.... however my hair is falling out quite a bit now even tho I used the cold cap :( not quite ready to shave it all off yet! 

• I used a hair system where a mesh put on the scalp, own hair pulled through to secure it with beads then real hair applied. Costly but no one has noticed any hair loss and I continue to feel like me. Hairsolved was the company I used. Can still use the cold cap to minimise hair loss underneath it

• Hello iv seen this system used before, I might try the cold cap once more and see what the hair loss is like then maybe look into it thank you x 

• I just didn't want to wear a wig or have to shave my head. I respect people's choices, but mine was to use cold cap (it does get easier!) and the system so I looked like me still. 

• Hi so glad to hear chemo is working well, I’m having my 3rd chemo next week. I cold capped twice. First chemo kept all my hair. Second chemo, cold capped. My hair started to come out while brushing it, I got my hubby to shave it off best decision I made. Xxx 

• You will know when it’s the right time to shave the hair or not, if it starts to mat or starts coming out in chunks then it’s better to just take it off. If it gets thin at the top they don’t let you cold cap as it can cause pain to the scalp. See how it goes xxx 

• Paxman say you can cold cap with little or no hair if you use a surgical cap. 
    I’m having Docetaxel after my last EC which has a slight risk or persistent chemotherapy induced alopoecia and they recommend starting cold capping. I’m looking into it as that’s a problem I don’t want. 

• Hi kaza how are you? HeartsHearts️so lovely to hear from you, how have u been? Strange the nurse at the hospital said you can’t carry on if it starts to thin, but Iv taken it all off, going to get some lovely hair oil Tom. I’m having the same after my Ac, 3rd chemo next week Thursday. Are you booked in next week aswell? Xxxx

• Yes Storm Rain - booked for midday next Thursday. We’re getting there aren’t we? Two hearts

I had a very high temperature and sore throat this week so had to go in for IV antibiotics. I was feeling awful but much better today. 
    How are you doing? Are you still as tired? 

I had my hair shaved on Tuesday this week too. and do feel much better for it but it’s cold so I’ve got some nice hats to wear. 
    Which oil are you choosing? 
    Hope alls well xx

1. I think if it's falling out this much after 1 round and I cold capped it's probably the best decision to shave it, I got my nhs wig the other day and I really don't like it so my dad has said I can Heartet a real one which once iv got that I'll shave it :) good luck with your journey Heart️ xx
  • Oh no I’m so sorry to hear that, hope you’re getting plenty of rest and lots of fluid, pls take it easy and look after yourself. Tiredness definitely improved, yes next week Hearts️we’re definitely get there! So glad you did, Iv spent lots of time wearing my wolly hats and scarfs, it’s starting to get warm in London so around the house I don’t wear nothing on my head. Rosemary oil and coconut oil it’s really good for the scalp and hair growth. 

have a lovely and restful weekend, my little one is on half term this weekHearts️and it’s been really lovely to be able to spend time with baby and little one. 

how’s your grandson? Hope you’re still getting to face time your daughter. Xx 

wish you a speedy recovery, will be thinking of you on Thursday HeartsMusclewe got this. Xxx