TC chemo

• 5 replies
  • 313 subscribers

Hi everyone! I am going to start TC chemotherapy for grade 2 ductal carcinoma, after I had my mastectomy. I must admit that this is the scariest part and I would like to know other's experience with that. What are the actual side effects, to what extend and how was everyday life? Will I need to shield?

I know obviously everyone is different, but it would help to have real examples apart from a faceless list.

Thank you!

• ive not heard of TC, I had AC, many have EC

but i assume side effects will be similar, nausea, fatigue, chemo brain, feel fuzzy and tired. take anti nausea meds before u feel sick, hugs

also i enjoyed sour food and went off sweets, except sour patch things

• Hi, I had 6 cycles of TCHP. I blogged throughout my treatment and this one in particular might help. Chemo blog link.

I managed to work throughout, though I am lucky and can work from home and could adjust things to be flexible if I wasn't feeling great, but I managed ok most of the time. It all seems very scary to begin with, but I got into a routine and got through it better than I’d anticipated. Best wishes 

Community Champion badge

• Thank you so much. That is helping so much

• Thank you so much! 

• I am due to have my 3rd tchp on Friday! Second dose I felt more worse than the 1st dose! Fatigue, sore mouth, nose bleeds! And I was really sore and itchy down below, diaorroeah! After a week I was feeling okay, I limit social outings, shopping etc and take hand gel with me everywhere! So far I haven’t come down ill. The injections I have to give myself at home for white blood cell aren’t great, they give your really bad bone pain, I take the hot water bottle to bed and place it where the pain is! Hope this helps