Peripheral neuropathy

• 3 replies
  • 313 subscribers

Hi everyone

Any suggestions for treatment options for this. My hands aren't too bad but me feet!!!! Feels like I'm walking on lego bricks. Has anyone had any good results from acupuncture?

• Hi there, I just noticed your post hasn't had any replies yet.  Unfortunately I haven't tried acupuncture myself, but my response will bump you back to the top of the forum and I hope someone with the right experience will be along soon. Best wishes 

Community Champion badge

• Hello.....

If your feet are sore please show them to someone medical. It may be nothing but if it should be neuropathy, treatment will need to be sooner rather than later and it is possible you may need a reduced dose next time. I made a mistake . I didn't want to make a fuss , I live a long way from the hospital and as I wasn't feeling well, did nothing. I have been left with permanent nerve damage which is still causing me problems although my cancer has been clear for eight years.

I am sure you will be fine but for reassurance please just get them checked.

Love Karen

1. I
  • I developed PN after my second EC. One nurse told me I couldn’t have PN on EC ! It has got worse and I’ve now needed a 2 week treatment break. One more EC and then 12 Paclitaxel to go. I know Paclitaxel is the drug most likely to cause PN so I’m hoping it won’t exacerbate the problem. Like you I am wondering about acupuncture. Hope you can get some help with the foot pain.