Powder brows

• 4 replies
  • 316 subscribers

Hi all, 

So I’m due to start chemotherapy next week. I had my eyebrows tattooed last month and am due a top up the week after I start chemo. My oncologist told me obviously there’s a higher risk of infection etc but ultimately it’s my decision whether to go ahead with it. Just wondering if anyone on here has had their eyebrows tattooed during chemo & if they got an infection or were ok? 

Thanks Relaxed️ 

• Hi 

I had mine done before , I never went for the top up as I was told it wasn’t a good idea by my oncologist . Even though I lost my hair early on I never lost my eyebrows . My eyelashes went a month after I had finished my last chemo. It’s entirely up to you what you decide but I think chemo is hard enough without putting yourself at risk . Good luck with your treatment x 

• I would have taken the risk but my brow tech wouldn’t agree to do it as it would invalidate their insurance as chemo is contraindicated.

• I had my brows micro bladed before chemo and my technician recommended no top up due to risk of infection.  I just fill mine in with a pencil or powder.  

• Hi Coraline,

I'd say it's not worth the risk of infection. I've had my brows microbladed too, and the top-up just makes them slightly darker - it's not a necessity. You can always get the top up done once you've finished chemo.

Wishing you all the best with your treatment xx