Surgery options

• 2 replies
  • 313 subscribers

I’m curious to no off you can ask for double mastectomy?? Has anyone, I’m only left breast an lymph node required but I’m really want both gone as grade 3 her positive has highest rate of reacurenceShrug… would it be an option Shrugxx

• I did ask early on when they called me back to check left breast again. Right side was initially diagnosed as high grade DCIS ,large area 5 cms, so mastectomy required on right side. My consultant said I’d need to see a phycologist first before making a decision to have a double mastectomy and that would be a long wait therefore long delay. Luckily left side was fine in the end following biopsies so had a single one. I’m glad I did as recovery has been hard. I can’t imagine how bad it would have been with a double for me - still so much tightness and swelling - surgery was over 6 months ago. 

• I had uptake in left axillory node on scans an biopsy couldn’t diagnose as they didn’t manage to actually get sample of the node Rolling eyes I was supposed to have another but then started chemo so unsure atm, have ct on Wednesday so will find out then , my type has high percentage of coming back so I think I’d rather both off anyway, but worried about where could return to off have both to … meh mad the worries with all this , did u have surgery first or chemo?? Hope ur doing ok now pickle, thanks for reply xx