Bone islands

• 4 replies
  • 314 subscribers

Hi everyone, I had a CT scan this week and got results yesterday. It said ‘there was no convincing signs metastatic disease’. But the radiologist noted 'tiny’ spots in some bones that she thought were ‘bone islands’. Has anyone else had this? Thanks x

• Just responding to my own message to get it near the top and see if anyone responds

• Hi  , sorry you’ve had the anxiety of scans and results. I hadn’t heard of bone islands and I’m not a medic, but did a quick search on this site. There are some references to bone islands and the messages seem to indicate that they’re benign? It could be useful to post a thread in the Ask an Expert section for the nurses, to get more information. And if you want to see the previous posts that refer to bone islands, you just click on the search icon at the top of the page. Hopefully someone with direct experience will also reply soon. Love and hugs, HFxx

HappyFeet1 xx
    Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi
  • Thanks so much for responding- it’s comforting to know there is someone out there reading. I’m just so anxious that it is bone metastasis- the report says she doesn’t think it is, but I can’t get the worry out of my head. I wouldn’t have known about it if the consultant hadn’t given me the full report. Was hoping others might have heard of it. I’ll ask the expert x

• Hi I was diagnosed on 09/01/23 after CT  scan a fee thing shown up and I was sent for an MRI scan. I was told I have bone islands on my spine. My consultant said I most probably been there all my life and if I had not had a CT scan I would have never known.