Breast cancer lymph node clearance - travelling abroad

• 5 replies
  • 315 subscribers

Hi everyone, can anyone advise regarding travelling abroad after a lymph node clearance from breast cancer. Is it ok to fly or is it advised against

• Hi, I was told after my lumpectomy with some lymph nodes taken that I had to wait 6 weeks before flying.  If you've got a number for your breast care nurse I'd give them a call to check xx

• Thank you I will 

• I came back from Spain two days ago, had break from chemo after infection an small surgery an just got rid of blood clot in neck an oncologist said no reason I can’t fly, may worry is blood clots I think, I was fine, just kept getting up and moving on plane , was amazing to go on last minute break , u just have to take hospital letter with you to cover any meds you take xx

• Sorry I didn’t read  post surgery xx hope u get away soon xx

• Hi Lja, I struggled to find travel insurance after my op, because most insurers have a general exclusion to say they won’t insure if you are awaiting for results (I assume you are waiting for pathology results from the nodes?). I did manage to get insurance once I finished chemo x