Zoledronic acid

• 8 replies
  • 316 subscribers

Just wondering if anyone else felt terrible after there first infusion of zoledronic acid.my blood pressure has gone up & felt rough for last 2 days,I had my first one with my last chemo on Wednesday.big hugs everyone.x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi there! If you go to the top and search Zoladronic Acid it has been mentioned several times, over the years and recently.  It’s brutal for some of us- my first being fine, second, felt like death warmed up and 3rd, flooded me completely, physically!  It ‘should’ get easier with time but for me I’m dreading 4th in Aoril.  They do ask at appointment if youve coped but aren’t too worried by the sounds of it, if you tell them you feel dreadful! If it’s doing me good then I’d rather go through the ‘hell’! I wish you well xxxx

• Totally agree,if it's keeping it away then you do your best to cope.i am triple positive so will do anything to keep it away.big hugs.x

• Oh dear I'm due my second  infusion in a month , first one not too bad....did you drink lots of water before and after?

• I drank before & after up to 8 glasses a day but on Thursday nite couldn't face anything,didn't eat until this morning Saturday,pleased to say I feel tons better today,will prepare for next one.big hugs.x

•  

I had my first along with last EC and felt dreadful for a couple of days personally I think it was cumulative SE from having EC X 6 more than Zoledronic .

For the others when finished EC it was just feeling fluey and a few aches and pains including sinus like pain . I still on three weekly Herceptin for first year of zoledronic .

Finish Jan 2023 

best wishes for the rest of your treatment 

One step at a time and ...Breathe !
    xoxox
    Margaret
  • Hi, my first one hit me like nothing else, worse than chemo. Every one sinece (I've had 5) have been fine.  Seems this is not unusual. Best wishes 

Community Champion badge

• Sorry to hear you are feeling terrible, my first was the worst, felt ill for a week, temperature, shivers, aches, headache etc. The next two have been fine, no effects, which is common I've been told

Do speak to your Team. Hopefully the worst is over x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to ChocolateChip

Nope! I’m not into water but maybe I should have done!! Got my 4th infusion in April and since being in Letrozole AND the infusion, I have developed arthritis in my back, shoulder and left hand BUT I was told my oncologist that it was probably always there and the treatment/meds do not cause it - I am nearly 70 Oh Joy!!