Chemo mittens??

• 4 replies
  • 314 subscribers

HI Wave so my bc nurse said to get mittens for chemo from Amazon, which one do I get? See no evilDoes it help? Does it work?any advice? Thanks  

• hi, I don’t know about mittens, but I held a frozen hot water bottle during my infusions. I was lucky that I didn’t develop peripheral neuropathy, but I don’t know if I was just lucky. X 

• Thanks il definitely try that, oh I’m really glad that you didn’t. Xx

• Yes get yourself some cotton gloves and freeze small water bottles to ice hands as a cheaper and more effective alternative to clumpy mittens I found,. Also if you buy long ice pads ( Amazon ) and wear 2 pairs of socks you can ice feet too . Ensure you put ice under and over feet and toes for best effect. No sign of neuropathy as yet and just done 12 weeks taxol . Best of luck 

• I bought frozen mittens from Amazon. And socks too. To help prevent neuropathy. Any old brand will do - one of mine was hilph and the other maybe natracare. If chemo every 2 weeks, you’ll need a set of ice packs per hour and a good freezer box. So for 3 hours that’s a lot of freezer packs. Tuck your thumbs in to your palms as the ice packs don’t hit them as well. Also someone told me that wearing surgical gloves, a size too small, can help too. I think they are worth it to limit neuropathy