Mesectomy

• 4 replies
  • 313 subscribers

Hi I am having such a hard time I am 3 weeks post op I am antidepressants and I can feel myself slowly going down.  Been trying to get a hold of my doctor no luck.  All I feel like doing all day is sleeping then my night sleep gets affected.  Going to my appointment tomorrow to find out the results of my mesectomy and next course of treatment.

• Hi, I’m sorry you’re having to go through this, it is really hard to keep your spirits up, especially when you are waiting for results and the plan going forward.

I wondered if you had tried contacting your breast care nurse, as they are often very helpful and understanding. You could also contact the Macmillan support service as they will have ideas about how you can get support in your local area.

It is very daunting, but it will get better, having the results and a plan to concentrate on can help, as well as talking. There’s a lot of support on here and people who have had similar experiences.

I hope your appointment goes well. Good luck x

• Hi  , sorry you are feeling so low, hopefully you will feel a bit better after tomorrow’s appointment, when you know more about the next stage of treatment. Don’t forget that you can phone the MacMillan helpline for support. It’s maddening that you can’t get hold of your GP, so difficult these days. 
    Will be thinking of you tomorrow, good luck with your appointment and let us know how it goes. Sending love and a big virtual hug, HFxx

HappyFeet1 xx
    Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi
  • Thanks happy feet I hope it goes well I know that they got all the cancer and there was no lymph nodes involved.  Thanks for your support.

• Hi my appointment went ok I’m her2+ the tumours were 8mm and 16mm so my surgeon said chemo now I have to wait three weeks to talk to oncology.  Thanks I hope your doing well.