Peripheral neuropathy

• 14 replies
  • 315 subscribers

Dear Family , I’ve had terrible neuropathy from weekly Paclotaxil

also my nails are all discoloured . Does anyone have any ideas how to make the tingling and aching go away or is it just a waiting game ?

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

It’s a waiting game, I’m afraid.  My neighbour has PN in her feet which will never go away. Also, after my chemo/RT I still have PN in one hand and nails still lift on one hand, which collects dirt! Some people escape a lot of after effects from the harsh treatment and some will have to endure the issues.  Always talk to your clinicians tho as they may be able to offer solutions. I wish you well and Happy New Year with a really easy time for you xx

• Thanks ! HNY to you too !!!
    Anyone have any experience on Adrenal insufficiency requiring daily hydrocortisone ? I understand it’s caused by immunotherapy ?

• Hi Outdoorgirl3. The tingling has no cure but there can be something for the pain. I was prescribed pregabalin by my oncologist but it didn’t help so was given another medication. Speak to your oncologist or GP. I still have PN 4months after chemotherapy. It is not as bad as before so I’m saying that it is slowly improving.

• It's been 8 weeks since my last chemotherapy of that type. I'm also still waiting. I'm trying gabapentin but feel I need physio for leg muscle loss. The discomfort in my feet in bed is terrible. I wish they'd stopped it even earlier. I had 8 / 12 treatments

• fhi, am suffering too, or aching i got codeine, found gabapentin doesnt help, slowly improving, hoping it gets better

• No, haven't heard about that. I'm having blood tests before starting B12 as I heard that it can help with nerve repair. They are checking a number of things. 

• The codeine isn't for the nerve pain? 

• no, codeine is for aching legs, knees and joints. i took it most nights for a few weeks because i found myself up walking from the aching. recently been able to go without.

regular painkillers wont help with nerve pains, need a prescription, i found a capsicum cream here that seemed to help with fingers and toes when it was bad. ask your pharmacist 

• i have also bought a heated foot massager, while it feels weird because of the tingling, numbness i find it helps with the tight cold feeling and sometimes need to feel somet8ng different. it feels like the toes and area below are taped up.

i am also taking omega 3 gummies as my tendons were creaking

• Aren’t capsicums peppers ? I’ll have to ask in the pharmacy ! To be honest my fingers are feeling better and I massage them each night watching TV ! It’s the toes which are annoying !!!