Letrozole

• 16 replies
  • 322 subscribers

Hi all,

I am new to this Forum. I am 3 months into taking Letrozole and Adcal as a Vitamin D supplement. I already took magnesium before my magnesium and am continuing to do so. I have experienced lack of sleep as the main problem up until last week when I started with very achy joints and stiffness. I am quite fit and quite active and this obviously helps but I was wondering if Cod Liver Oil and Calcium supplements can be taken alongside Letrozole as I know this amount of stiffness alongside sleep problems and hot flushes will soon start to get me down. Thanks for any advice.

• Hi BonnyG1

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear that you've been diagnosed with breast cancer.  I would check with your oncologist about Cod Liver Oil and Calcium.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Interesting! A few days ago I put Supplements up as a question and asked what people took (with or w/o GP approval). I’m on Letrozole 1 yr now and take Suppsw/o approval(Calcium, Magnesium & Zinc (all in 1 tablet), Vit D3 and Folic Acid (suggested by GP but, he just said “get from Holland&Barrett”)). I then decided to check with oncology if it was ok to take all these with Letrozole and he said they’re fine! Also oncologist told me to persevere with Letrozole for at least 6 months as too suffer aches/pains/joint & muscle pain but endure it and keep moving! Ironically since taking all the supplements I sleep so much better…it’s horses fir courses!! Hope you find a level/supplement that suits you and helps to add sleep. C

• Hi, I am prescribed Vit C with mine, to help maintain bone strength, so definitely worth asking your oncologist about that.  You can also give the lovely folks at Macmillan a call to chat this through. You can reach the, on 0800 808 0000. Best wishes 

Community Champion badge

• Take calcium and vitamin d supplement. Seems to be ok but get a few aches and stiffness of joints. Can’t decide if it’s Letrozole or my age ! 66. Keep active though.x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Dinner lady

Age is just a number!! And when you look back at old pics of 40/50/60 year olds they look truly ANCIENT!! Onwards and Upwards lovely ladies! We’re all in this together.  Knowledge is Wisdom!

• Many thanks ladies. From today I am taking......

Letrozole

Vitamin D

Calcium

Magnesium

Cod liver oil with glycerine

May need another hour in day to take all this!!!!!

Been on Letrozole for 2.5 months. Not great but happy to persevere.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to BonnyG1

Doesn’t hurt to check with Macmillan if it’s all OK. Oncologist told me I was fine with mine supplements and of course there are loads more that we COULD take! Best wishes xx

• Many thanks. Yes I checked with my professional at a meeting yesterday as some I cannot take. Best wishes xx

• I feel you with the Letrozole side effects. Check with your doc about Cod Liver Oil and Calcium supplements. They might help, but get their advice first.

• I was diagnosed with invasive lobular cancer and not long afterwards with rheumatoid arthritis. I’m in a lot of pain and not sure if letrozole is making it worse. Really depressed. Is there anyone else struggling to cope with cancer and an additional illness I have to take loads of other medicine  but no supplements 

love harkness