Tightness around chest 9 months after dmx. Tried everything...

• 2 replies
  • 313 subscribers

I've had a tightness around my chest for 9 months since the dmx I had in June. I've been seen by the Pain Clinic and they've done everything, and I've been paying for myo-fascial release for several months but nothing helps. I do breast exercises every day and massage the area daily. At the moment I'm still on Lidocaine patches and Pregabalin tablets. I don't know what else I can do - does anyone have any advice? I'm fed up with wearing an invisible iron bra!

• Hi, really sorry to read this. I have had a double mastectomy - two separate operations. The first was 21 months ago and was my diseased breast. I had a mastectomy and axilllary clearance. I understand the iron bra analogy, and for me, this went on for about 15 months. It was awful if I turned in bed. I’ve noticed in the last few months that I rarely get it now. My second mastectomy was 3 months ago and was for symmetry reasons, so a much more simple operation. So far I haven’t experienced anything on that side. Maybe my pain wasn’t as bad as yours, but for me, the thing that eased it was the passing of time. That’s not really useful for you at the moment (sorry) , so maybe someone else will have better advice x 

• Hi GailR 

Did you ever get rid of the iron bra feeling?

Im 8 months post surgery and had this from day 1. I was hoping it would have improved by now but no!  Did you find anything that helps? It’s so debilitating. Xx