New referral - majorly anxious :-(

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 13 replies
  • 310 subscribers

Hi ladies, well I didn't think I would be here again. I posted something last year after having swelling in my right armpit, and I was sent for a scan where the radiographer typed the report up stating I had an abnormal looking lymph node. After an agonising 2 week wait I went to the breast clinic where I was examined by the consultant, who didn't find anything suspicious so rechecked my scan and advised me that there was nothing wrong and it was a typing error, no apology for the distress caused over an agonising wait. I ended up having CBT after because it distressed me so much and I have health anxiety. 

Here I am 16 months later and have a 2 week wait appointment on Thursday. I'm so worked up by it, mainly because of last years error. I started getting pain in my left breast about 3/4 weeks ago. Sore under my nipple, a white spot on my nipple where if squeezed a thick creamy substance comes out, shooting pains in my nipple and my breast feels so much heavier than my right. I have a burning pain going across the top of my breast and ended up in a&e on Saturday night due to the pain, which they put down to muscoskeletal pain, but because I have cardiomyopathy I had to be kept in. My chest x ray and bloods were all clear. I'm so anxious, and have convinced myself that it's going to be bad news. I don't really know what I want people to say. I have sciatica and been achy of late so naturally my mind is racing that I have it and it's spread to my bones. Which sounds rediculous I know. My GP put generalised breast pain on the referral and that he didn't think it was cancer but I can't get the worst out of my head. 

Someone please tell me to snap out of it! Somehow if I prepare myself for the worst I think it will be easier to  deal with but I think I'm just kidding myself. 

I'm in awe of you amazing people coping with all this, just the thought of possibly being in your shoes terriers me :-( j

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to robstar

I found under Cancer Research, “wanting a second opinion” and NHS v Private cancer treatment.  It would appear they offer the same treatment however you can ask your GP to refer you for a 2nd opinion with a different oncologist….but of a minefield (unless you’re super rich!)

• Would I get seen any quicker?

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to robstar

Sadly I don’t know.. that’s for you to discuss with GP and run through what’s bothering you and your feeling of lack of communication. You have a right to get some kind of satisfaction to alevitate your stress x