A bad feeling

• 5 replies
  • 4 subscribers

My mum was diagnosed with lung cancer in November 2020. She had chemotherapy and immunotherapy but had to stop because her kidneys started to fail. Over the past year she has been relatively well.

a few weeks ago she fell in the bathroom and hurt her wrist and banged her head- she went to hospital where they X-rayed her wrist but didn’t look at her head 

Since the fall she’s had constant headache and today she was or seemed very confused. 
i am terrified that this is brain metastasis from the lung cancer. Can anyone please let me know their initial symptoms? I don’t know what to do- heartbroken yet again xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi there, I'm so sorry to hear about your mum. That must be so hard for you both to be going through right now. I send hugs to you both Heart

Your mums symptoms could be brain cancer but it could be something else as well. For me before I was diagnosed with secondary BC I had weakness and sickness. I think the best thing you can do is contact the GP or go to A&E to get this investigated. It's better to get this seen to by a professional. My nurse always says to get new unexplained symptoms looked at asap and not to look up online as symptoms can mirror and copy from other problems. 

I hope you can get the answers you're looking for soon. 

Sending you and your mum love and hugs xxx

Jess

• Hello, I'm so sorry to hear about your mum and I hope she's doing ok.  My husband was diagnosed with lung cancer in February but before we knew that he got terrible headaches, for about a week, so bad he was battling to sleep, then one day his speech got confused and he vomited at which point we called an ambulance and then found out that he had lung cancer that had metastasized to his brain, it was terrifying.  My heart goes out to you and I hope and pray that your mum is ok.  Please reach out if you want to, I'm new to this group and hopefully I can be of some support to you.

Take care of yourself

XXXX

• Hi there. Thanks for your response. Yesterday we had my worst fears confirmed. It has spread to the brain. We don’t know anything else yet as have to wait for an appointment. It’s awful just waiting around. 
    Im sorry to hear about your husband. It’s such a terrible cruel disease. How is your husband? Xx

• Thanks for your reply Jess. I hope you are doing ok and I am sending you love and hugs too. Xx

• Oh I'm so sorry:-(  I've learnt through this whole experience that you have to learn to "hurry up and wait", that in itself  just creates even more anxiety!  I've tried to see the positive in everything, no matter how small and knowledge is power - even if it's something we don't want to know - but now a plan can be made to help her.  It's a frightening time and I'm so terribly sorry that you're going through this, I wish you both all the best, please let us know what they say going forward.  My husband is as good as he can be, the mornings and evenings are the worst before the medications starts working - it sounds like he has a boiling kettle in his chest and the coughing is terrible...it's hard when you see someone you love suffer and there's nothing you can do:-(

Take care and I'm here if you need a chat - or rant - or cry...goodness knows we all need that !

XXXX