Confused about how my dad is feeling

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 3 subscribers

Last Wednesday my dad was hold the immunotherapy wasn’t working for his stage 4 lung cancer which has spread to the brain. He was due another 2nd cycle of immunotherapy last Thursday but didn’t have that as he was told it would make him more poorly. 

the past few weeks dad has been very poorly lying on the settee most of the day unable to sit up for long and hardly eating or drinking. Since being told on Wednesday he has only weeks to live he seems to progressively have improved. He’s sitting up most of the day now and his appetite has greatly improved with him eating a good amount today and constantly picking at snacks. It’s so bizarre that now when they say he is terminal he is looking the best he ever has. Is this normal? 

• Hi

I'm very sorry to read that your dad has been told that he only has weeks to live. It must be very difficult for you both to come to terms with.

I don't know if how he's feeling now is 'normal' but I thought I'd suggest that you join the Supporting someone with incurable cancer forum group as there will be people better placed there to answer this question.

To join just click on the link to the group.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"