Brain mets, terminal, timeframe

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 9 replies
  • 3 subscribers

Hi all, really struggling at the moment. My prognosis is 3-6 months. As a single parent to teenagers, once I’m gone there is no family to actually take them in. So the likelihood they will be put into the care system, scares and worries the hell out of me. I have failed my children. I hate what cancer has done to us 

• What treatment have you been having for brain mets and how many do you have ? Where is your primary ? X 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Ju121159

Hi, my primary is breast cancer diagnosed 2 years ago, had treatment but before I finished got diagnosed with 3 brain mets. I had 5 treatments of wbr, in January, 2 tumours managed to shrink but then started having more symptoms and i have now mets on the inside and cranial. I’m having palliative care and the medication I’m on are dexa and exemesthane and zoladex injection. X

• I have just been diagnosed with a further 6 mets that will be 11 in total, treated with Steriotactic radiotherapy for the 6 I have now treatment will take place on 20/08 my primary is lung cancer that has been treated with chemo and radiotherapy, what area do you live in ? Do they not do SRS X 

• FormerMember

I’m in Lincoln, my oncologist says he’s not confident it will work. So he’s trying to give me quality of life than being really ill with what time I have left x 

• Oh bless you my heart really goes out to you and your dear children, that must be such a worry for you my children are grown up but I don’t want to leave them but really can’t imagine what your going through, the treatment I’ve had has worked, and my only side effect was fatigue, is it worth a second opinion x x 

• FormerMember

Hop3 my heart goes out to you, I’m so sorry that you’re going through this & have your gorgeous children to worry over as well,I can’t offer much help as my husband sadly passed away 3 weeks ago from secondary brain mets (primary lung). I have grown up children who live w long way away from me & they took their Dads passing hard. So I really feel for both yourself & your children. 

Ill send you a friend request& then PM you if that’s ok? 

• FormerMember

Hi there. I’m interested in your post. My dad has about 5-6 brain mets from lung cancer. He had one cycle of immunotherapy but he was very poorly after this and a CT scan showed the swelling in his brain has increased and that it would do more harm than good for him to have any more immunotherapy or SRS. Since being told last Wednesday he was terminal he actually seems much better and has got his appetite back and is sitting up more. I’m so worried they’ve written him off too quickly. Did you have swelling in your brain due to the mets? 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi wasn’t sure if you were replying to me or one of the other posts,! I’ve sent you a friend request if it’s me you’re asking?

• I had swelling in the brain that caused me to have a seizure, until that happened I didn’t know I had lung cancer let alone brain mets, I’m having 6 treated this Thursday with SRS I will be put on steroids to help with swelling and antisickness pills too, that will be 11 mets I’ve had treated, I would seek a second opinion x