Meningiomas and further tests.

• 1 reply
  • 54 subscribers

Hello there.

I have recently been diagnosed with a meningioma at the back of my head-my Neurosurgeon or neurologist hasn't commented of the size of the tumour as yet.

Nor have they stated on the exact location apart from 'its at the back of my brain', as the neurosurgeon wants to run a full body CT scan with contrast, before he/she will commit to anything on the brain.

I have already had all the tests they can do on the brain including 2 MRI and 1x MRI with contrast all within 4weeks.

I was wondering if anyone else has had experience with the full body CT before a neurosurgeon will commit to treatment on the brain.

• HI Rainy81

a warm welcome to the online community. Sorry to hear about all that you are going through. Not having all the facts and not knowing the whole story is a scary time.

My later husband was diagnosed with a primary brain tumour (Gliobastoma) in  Sept 2020 and if my memory serves me right they did a full body scan with contrast before we met the neurosurgeon to rule out anything else. 

This is a safe and support space so I'm sure some of the others will be along shortly to share their words of wisdom. Everyone is unique here and each journey unique so the various members will have a myriad of different tales to share. Please reach out here anytime as there is always someone about to listen who gets it, someone to hold your hand and to offer a virtual hug when its needed. You're not alone.

It’s always good to talk so please remember that you can also call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

For now though I'm sending you a huge virtual hug and lots of positive energy.

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm