Glioblastom gr 4

• 1 reply
  • 48 subscribers

Hello, 

My dad had surgery 2 weeks ago and starting soon chimio and radiotherapy. He is 80 years old and never had pain in his life of anything. Please help me out with any information about this incredibly difficult disease, is there anything i could help with therapy palliative, any tea that could extend his life more then doctors said…on the internet what i read it also says 80% for first year for survival and 20% second year. 
Anyone who’s been through this with a loved one , or at this age of 80 years old and managed to live longer then that? And if yes whar helped? As i understood radio and chimio will be a must but i don’t want to make him get through all of this and suffer so much. 
I apreciate any response from you guys! Thanks so much Pray tone2 

• Hi AlexTzi

a warm welcome to the group. So sorry to hear about your dad.

I supported my late husband through the three years of his glioblastoma journey. He was 54 when he passed away last October.

The people who are best placed to advise you on what you can do to support your dad are his medical team. Also be led by what your dad needs/wants from you. Everyone is unique and these tumours impact people in so many different ways that there is no one size fits all answer here.

There's some great advice on the main body of the website. Here's some useful links 

Brain tumours | Macmillan Cancer Support

Supporting someone with cancer | Macmillan Cancer Support

I also looked this link up for you 

Glioblastoma Multiforme | The Brain Tumour Charity

This is a safe and supportive community so please reach out here anytime. There's another group in the online community you might want to explore too Glioblastoma multiforme brain tumour forum | Macmillan Online Community There's always someone about  here to listen who gets it, someone to hold your hand and to offer a virtual hug when its needed. You're not alone. We've got you.

It’s always good to talk so please remember that you can also call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

For now though I'm sending you a huge virtual hug and lots of positive energy. This is a gruelling emotional rollercoaster ride so please make sure that you are taking care of yourself here too.

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm