New here

• 4 replies
  • 56 subscribers

hi all, 

I’m recently diagnosed so joining up to say hello and join with all you good people. 

• Hi

welcome to the online community.

This is a safe and supportive space so please feel free to reach out anytime. There's always someone about to listen who gets it, someone to hold your hand and to offer a virtual hug when its needed. You're not alone. We've got you.

It’s always good to talk so please remember that you can also call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

Please also feel free to share a bit more detail about your diagnosis once you feel comfortable sharing. You can read my tale on my profile but the gist of it is I supported my late husband through his stage 4 GBM journey. Everyone around here has a unique tale to share.

Sending you a huge virtual hug and lots of positive energy

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi all. This is the first time I've used an online forum. My ten year old son was diagnosed with a high grade glioma last week. I don't know what to do with myself and feel completely lost. I'm hoping to find some comfort in communicating with others going through similar experiences.

• Hi Lu7924

a warm welcome to the group. So sorry to hear about your son's diagnosis. Scary times for you all.

Same as I said to Steve above/below, this is a safe and supportive space and we're here for you.

All the emotions you are going through are perfectly normal (And I really can't begin to imagine where your head and your heart are at. I found it hard enough processing my husband's diagnosis) Let the emotions flow and work their way through. It's the strongest and most resilient among us who recognise these emotions and show them. That in itself shows you are processing things in a healthy way and not bottling things up. 

Can I suggest if you've not already done so that you start a new thread/post on here to boost the chances of other members of the group seeing it? That might encourage more folk to share their personal experience with you.

I've personally drawn a lot of support and  comfort from this community over the past three plus years so I hope you experience the same.

As I said above it's good to talk and the helpline is there for you too should you choose to reach out.

Please avoid Dr Google (he's a scary dude) and focus on the known facts as relayed by your son's medical team. Everyone is unique and every treatment plan tailored to the individual. Published articles are based on averages and best guesstimates and no one is average. We're all unique.

Please also take time to take care of your wee self here too. It's not selfish to take a bit of "me time". if fact, its essential to help keep your batteries charged and puts you in the strongest position to cope with the journey ahead.

For now though I'm sending you and your son a huge virtual hug and lots of positive energy. Stay strong.

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Sorry to hear the news. I’m sure everyone here will be here for for you, we’re all on this journey and will be here for each other. So ask anything and know there will always be someone to share your journey x