WHO III Oligodendroglioma

• 1 reply
  • 54 subscribers

Hello all, I’m new here ano very keen to join a group to gain, and give, support to people on a similar journey as me. 
I diagnosed in 2019, I underwent an awake craniotomy, radiotherapy and 13 months of chemotherapy. My response to the treatment was so encouraging, but in late 2022 I started having other symptoms. Eventually, I managed to get the MRI I knew I so desperately needed and this revealed the cancer has metastasised down my spine, with a new nodule in my head. A 30 cm intramural tumour was removed from my spine in May 2023. I then started chemotherapy in September 2023 and am now half way through my treatment. I’d love to connect with you should you have brain cancer and keen to explore how a group setting could benefit me and how I could help support you. 

• Hi Prawn

a warm welcome to the group. Sorry to hear about all that you are going through.

This is a safe and supportive space so I am sure some of the other members will be along shortly to share their words of wisdom with you. There's always someone about to listen who gets it, someone to hold your hand and someone to offer a virtual hug when its needed. You're not alone. We've got you.

It’s always good to talk so please remember that you can also call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

My own experience lies in supporting my late husband through his stage 4 glioblastoma journey so my knowledge of your tumour type is limited. Over the past three plus years I have drawn a lot of support from this community so I am confident that you will find it beneficial too,

For now though I'm sending you  huge virtual hug and lots of positive energy. Stay strong.

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm