Glioblastoma

• 4 replies
  • 55 subscribers

Hi I'm new on here, I've recently had 90% tumor removed and only finished my first stage of radiotherapy and chemotherapy this week, the last few weeks as been tiring and as all happened so very fast I don't know if I'm coming or going, the only thing I will do try and say is to stay positive and enjoy everything 

• Hi Lec.  I am new here as well.  Your attitude will serve you well and you are right, just enjoy everything.  I remember waking up from my surgery and just breathing in the air, that's it, just that felt incredible.  Stay positive and take care.

• Thank you and you too, a positive attitude and only doing happy things is the way forward 

Lee

• HI Lec

a warm welcome to the online community. So sorry to hear about all that you've been through recently. It's totally understandable that you don't know if you are coming or going.

I supported my husband through his GBM journey and can honestly say that I believe a positive attitude to life really does make a difference here. (You can read our story in my profile- I'll not bore you with it here). It takes time to come to terms with the diagnosis itself and to recover from the surgery and treatment. Don't underestimate how much that has taken out of you. Be patient with yourself. It took G at least a month after the 6 weeks of treatment ended to find some kind of normal energy levels again.

This is a safe and supportive community as you've already seen so please reach out here anytime. There's always someone around to listen who gets it, someone to hold your hand and to offer a virtual hug when its needed. You're not alone. We've got you.

You might also want to check out one of the other groups Glioblastoma multiforme brain tumour forum - Macmillan Online Community

It’s always good to talk so please remember that you can also call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

For now though I'm sending you a huge virtual hug and lots of positive energy. Stay strong.

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thank you so much that means a lot

Lee