New member.

• 2 replies
  • 53 subscribers

Hi all, and thank you for having me.

recently diagnosed with a tumour at the base of my skull on my spinal cord. (Ependymoma). All I know is it’s 2cm x 1cm x 1cm. I know nothing else as my doc said he didn’t know much about it either. I have another mri soon. Anyone help me with info?

• Hi Spacer

a warm welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about your diagnosis.

My personal experience lies in supporting my late husband through his brain tumour journey but his diagnosis was an entirely different type of tumour.

I took the liberty of checking the main MacMillan site for some generic information for you. Here's the links

Ependymoma | Macmillan Cancer Support

Spinal cord tumours | Macmillan Cancer Support

The people best placed to advise you about your  own situation are your own medical team. Everyone is unique and those people  have all your personal information at their fingertips. I would suggest that ahead of your next appointment, you write down all your questions, fears/concerns etc and take those notes with you to the appointment. There's no such thing as a daft question in my book. If its something you are worried about then its important that you ask about it. The notes will act as a script and help keep you focused. It might also be an idea to take a friend or family member with you as those early appointments can feel quite overwhelming.

This is a safe and supportive space so please feel free to reach out here anytime. There's always someone around to listen who gets it, someone to hold your hand and to offer a virtual hug when its needed. You're not alone. We've got you.

It’s always good to talk so please remember that you can also call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

For now though I'm sending you a huge virtual hug and lots of positive energy. Stay strong.

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thank you so much for your very kind words of support.I won’t deny I’m worried but I take on board that I may gain comfort and understanding through listening to the professionals. I am so sorry you lost your husband. I can’t imagine how hard that has been for you. I trust you will find comfort and peace in the years to come.