Hello, Anyone pregnant with low grade glioma?

• 2 replies
  • 54 subscribers

Hi everyone,

i have recently been diagnosed with a grade 1/2 glioma in the right frontal lobe. This was an incidental finding when i had an MRI for another reason.  I am also 25 weeks pregnant. I was wondering whether anyone has had a known glioma during pregnancy and how it generally affects everything.  They have said it is stable at the moment and has not grown in the last 6 months, however they want to remove it as soon as baby is here whilst it is not doing anything nasty. 

Feeling a little bit lost with all the information to be honest.

x

• HI Locl6

a warm welcome to the online community. Sorry to hear about all you are going through. Feeling lost is fine- its natural so please don't be too hard on yourself.

I'm supporting my husband through his stage 4 brain tumour so we are on a hugely different path! 

Those initial appointments throw so much information at you that it quite overwhelming. Ahead of your next appointment can I suggest that you write down all your questions, fears/concerns and take those notes with you. They'll help to keep you focused and act a bit like a script to make sure you don't forget to ask about something that's important to you.

There's some generic glioma information on the main site. Here's the link Glioma brain tumour | Macmillan Cancer Support but I don't want to overwhelm you even more here.

This is a safe and supportive space so I am confident that some of the other members will be along shortly to add their words of wisdom. Please reach out here anytime. There's always someone about to listen who gets it, someone to hold your hand and to offer that virtual hug when its needed. You're not alone. We've got you.

It’s always good to talk so please remember that you can also call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

Please also take some comfort from the fact that no one is rushing to do anything about this diagnosis.  Small comfort but better than nothing,

For now though, I'm sending you a huge virtual hug and lots of positive energy. Stay strong. Try to stay calm. Focus on what you know and not the what ifs. Steer clear of Dr Google- he's a scary dude!

love n hugs 

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi an update my partner had a bad seizure on Sunday where his heart stopped and gave him cpr. Was in Kings first 24 hours critical which he got through still making me laugh. He woke up and said anyJoyhance of a cuppa Joy He is on highest dose of steroids and morphine to keep him comfortable fingers crossed we are home tomorrow his last wishes to be with me and the grown up children. I’ve told him no more tears we aHearte going to fight until the end where he will be surrounded by his family. I don’t know how I have coped with the last 4 days but your love gets you through Heart️