Hi, new to group

• 2 replies
  • 55 subscribers

Hi I’m new to the group and not even sure if this is posting on the main forum or the specific melanoma group I highlighted. I had a melanoma on my back 5 years ago, came back as a large brain tumor and some lung nodules last October. Had surgery, targeted radiation and immunotherapy (didn’t get on too well with the immu), scans been clear until two weeks ago where they think there might be some ring returning in my brain. Just wondered if anyone out there has been through anything similar. I’m late 40’s, mum of two girls and it’s hard sometimes keeping on trucking…. And remaining positive. So thought it would be good to connect with others. 
many thanks in advance of any kind responses and healing wishes to all. 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that you've been diagnosed with melanoma which has spread to your brain and lungs.

You have actually joined and posted in the primary brain cancer group but don't worry, it's easy to post in the wrong area until you've got used to the site.

To join us over in the melanoma group just click on the link I've created which will take you directly there. Once you've joined you could start a new post there and copy and paste your post from here to save typing it out again.

It would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

If you have any further problems finding your way around the online community, I'd be happy to help.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• HI Fredfog44

a warm welcome. Thanks for sharing your story. So sorry to hear you've had so much going on. Life's too cruel at times.

This is a safe and supportive space so please reach out here anytime. There's no one size fits all group for everyone so please reach out where you feel most comfortable. There's always someone about to listen who gets it, someone to hold your hand and to offer a virtual hug when its needed. You're not alone. We've got you.

My own experience comes from supporting my husband through his stage 4 brain tumour journey. This online community has been a great source of support for me over the past 3 years so I hope you get what you need from it. I'm sure some of the other members of this group will be along shortly to share their words of wisdom with you

It’s always good to talk so please remember that you can also call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

For now though I'm sending you a huge virtual hug and lots of positive energy. Stay strong.

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm