Brain Cancer

• 4 replies
  • 54 subscribers

Good Evening from GT1, I was ill about four years ago my son tells me it started with headaches and blurred vision. I have no memory of this and the last 15 years has vanished. My son tells me how the consultant gave me three months to live two years ago. He has shown me pictures of me in hospital with tubes everywhere. Whilst there he and his wife had a new addition to the family with the birth of twins Lily and George, My wife thought to get me home with the 3 months, but two years on still here. Lots of scans now they say the main area is dormant, but I have another area which could flare up at time. Been through chemo etc, operation to take a bit of tumour. All I remember is the consultant sat with me and family to tell us that it a rare form of cancer and given the three months.

This Christmas my wife sat with me and youngest daughter that she doesn’t love me know and going to with new boyfriend. This has hit be like a sledgehammer, I know the last years must have been hard, and me living after end date but a brick wall in her way.

Now looking to start a new life, looking to move to a smaller place, but getting stronger back to cooking and can look after myself and home. Got lovely family, my biggest challenge is the memory loss. My family tells me I don’t want to remember the hospital etc. But live has changed so much had to retire because how the cancer has left me, living on private pension money, and benefits from state. 
what the future holds nobody knows but invited to be part of study for this form of cancer. So my life style etc might help them to get to the cancer diagnosis quicker.

• Hello again One2many

glad to hear you are still getting stronger and making progress. One step at a time and you'll get there.

It’s always good to talk so please remember that you can also call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi, that’s such a sad story and I’m so sorry, I’m here because my brother has brain cancer as well as other cancers. I’m trying to learn from you all how he is feeling so I can help and care for him. Good luck with your treatment. 

• Good morning there a lot of horrible stories on cancer how it’s affecting people lives. From my own personal experience having a lovely family around you is important. My bad times come when I go bed and night all alone my brain goes into overdrive, why me and now wife has left me .During the day taking up hobbies mind is colourings, Lego. My treatment didn’t work so just on a collection of pills to control pain. Just keep on being strong, all the best .

• Thanks for your reply been having scans again so had to cancel phone call. When things settle down again  I will rebook. My main concern at the moment is wife is selling our home, having a right problem trying to find a flat to rent and move to in my area. My tumour and loss of memory keep looking and applying for same property more than once. Having to rely on my son and his wife.