Newly diagnosed- awaiting awake craniotomy

• 1 reply
  • 54 subscribers
  • I am due to have an awake craniotomy.

I was diagnosis with a brain tumor to left temporal lobe (affects memory, speech, language comprehension).

I was wondering if anyone has been through an craniotomy and the affects afterwards that followed. My mental health is already affected with receiving this news at 27. And I am feeling low because of the emotions it is causing my family, feel upset and hopeless.

I am scared that I am going to wake up and not be able to cope with the amount affects it will have on my quality of life. As I work as a nurse and I won't be able to return to work, if speech, memory, comprehension of language is affected.

Well wishes

• I get mixed up and forgetful and muddle my words struggle using left arm due to paralysis on my left side of my body but probably getting worse with tumour growth don’t get me wrong it’s taken a long time to strengthen my left side no body told me that after 48 hours of inactivity the muscles start to break down so I just wasted away on my left side I guess it depends on what area you operated on. It’s all worth it in the end if they remove the f****er with no side effects I seem to be one of the unlucky ones most people seem to all go okay with there operations