Meningioma diagnosis

• 1 reply
  • 53 subscribers

Hi

I've had the results appointment for my MRI and have been diagnosed with a paraflacine meningioma. Luckily it wasn't a massive shock for me.The A&E consultant suggested it might be this when my lump was discovered back in November on a CT scan.

It's only just sunk in today though that I've got a brain tumour. And I'm trying not to get too scared about that. I'm not sure how big it actually is or whether its stable and they don't plan to re-scan for another year. So I feel as if I've been left in limbo.

It looked about the size of a grape in comparison to my eyeballs on the scan so I've called it Gilbert.

• Hi GilbertsMyLump

a warm welcome to the group. Sorry to hear about your diagnosis and that you feel you've been left in limbo.  A paraflacine meningioma isn't one I have any personal experience of but if they are happy to leave it for a year before taking a fresh look at it, I'd take that as a positive here and take some comfort that there's no urgency to re-scan or intervene.

My experience lies in supporting my husband with his stage 4 brain tumour journey...a whole different level of scary.

Love that you've called it Gilbert!  Loved that movie too. 

This group is a safe and supportive space so please reach out here anytime. There's always someone about to listen who gets it, someone to hold your hand and to offer a virtual hug when its needed. You're not alone. I'm sure there will be someone along shortly to share their experience with you and hopefully put your mind at ease a bit.

There's also some useful info on the main website that might help. Here's the link Diagnosis | Macmillan Cancer Support

It’s always good to talk so please remember that you can also call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

For now though I'm sending you a huge virtual hug. Stay positive. If they doctors aren't rushing about to intervene, draw some comfort from that and try to relax as much as you can about it. Easier said than done, I know, 

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm