Glioblastoma Grade 4

• 2 replies
  • 54 subscribers

Good evening, 

My Mum has just been diagnosed with Glioblastoma grade 4. Obviously massively hard to take in but would be good to share with others to soften the blow perhaps. 

Massive respect to everything McMillan do to help in these terrible circumstances  

• HI Wolf Watcher

a warm welcome to the group. So sorry to her about your mum. Life is too cruel .

I've been supporting my husband through his GBM4 journey. he was diagnosed in Sept 2020. Those first few weeks following his diagnosis were completely emotionally overwhelming. There is such a huge amount to take on board and process. If there is anything I can help with please just ask.

This is a safe and supportive space so please reach out here anytime. There is also another group you might want to explore Glioblastoma multiforme brain tumour forum - Macmillan Online Community I've personally drawn a lot of support from both over the months. There's always someone around to listen who gets it, someone to hold your hand and to offer that virtual hug when its needed. You're not alone.

It’s always good to talk so please remember that you can also call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

If I can offer one small piece of advice (I'm not big on advice) its to write down all your questions/fears/concerns and take those notes to the next appointment. The initial appointments can be quite overwhelming and its easy to forget to ask something that is important to you. There's also no such thing as a silly question. The notes almost act as a script and help to keep you on track.

Please also take care of yourself. All the emotions/fears/anger you are probably feeling are perfectly normal. it's the strongest most resilient among us who show those and get them out of our systems. Please take "me time" even if its only a 10 min walk around the block. It's not selfish - its essential to help you keep your own wee inner batteries charged. 

For now though I'm sending you a huge hug. Stay strong.

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thanks Wee Me. 3 weeks since first onset of Mum’s symptoms and already been a rollercoaster ride. 
    Mum is a massive list fan and so now they’re even longer asking the questions that hopefully can get answered to her satisfaction. 

Read your bio and completely agree about the limbo and unknown timeframe. I’m glad I’ve joined here as I know it will help me be stronger for her in the coming months years. 

Wolf Watcher.