Regrowth of debulked tumour.

• 2 replies
  • 53 subscribers

Hi Everyone.

I was diagnosed with a brain tumour the end of 2014, I had it debulked in Jan 2016, they were going to give me radiotherapy at that point but I was in such a state after being treated throughout 2015 for breast cancer, also diagnosed in 2014. And I have Li Fraumeni syndrome which makes me very prone to cancer and the no 1 thing they say about it is no radiotherapy which sent me spiralling when they were going to start zapping me. I've been under active monitoring since then and the last scan they think they can see some mm growth in the tumour cavity. I got this news before Christmas which completely ruined my Christmas and birthday (which is just before Xmas). I am going into see the scans tomorrow and I am terrified. I've spent so long building myself back up. I got my driving license back, so I have a car. If I lose my license again I don't know what I'm going to do. I've been off work the last year looking for a different job and after being messed around by several people I finally found a job that I start next monday. They have been informed of my past history but I havent mentioned this current scan because I dont yet know exactly what is going to happen. I've gone through all my savings and I only have borrowed money at the moment. I'm just terrified about having radiotherapy and having to start from scratch again. 

Thank you for reading

xx

• HI Evee22

a warm welcome to the group. So sorry to read about all that you are going through.

I've been supporting my husband for the past 28 months with his stage 4 brain tumour journey so I can understand your fear and anxiety at  the thought of seeing the scans and hearing what the dr has to say but please, take this all one step a time. Focus on what they tell you and not the what ifs. It might also be an idea to write down all your questions/fears/concerns and take those notes to your appointment. They'll help keep you on track and make sure you don't forget to ask something that's important to you. You might also want to take someone along to the appointment with you, if its allowed.

This is a safe and supportive space. There's always someone around to listen who gets it, someone to hold your hand and to offer that virtual hug when its needed. You are not alone

It’s always good to talk so please remember that you can also call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

For now though I'm sending you a huge hug and lots of positive vibes for your appointment, Stay strong.

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thank you Wee Me.

thsts good advice. I am taking my partner with me tomorrow Thumbsup tone1 no one has told me I can’t so going with that. 

I will certainly try to stop the what if thinking but it’s so easy to fall into it!

thanks xx