• 1 reply
  • 53 subscribers

Evening all newbie here

my “journey” all started back in June when I suffered a seizure one evening resulting in me breaking both my shoulders. I went to a&e tgr following day where scans showed the dreaded shadow in my right frontal lobe. 
I had reconstructive surgery on my shoulders and awake cranial surgery in September to remove the tumour. Unfortunately lab testing came back as a grade 3 malignant astrocytoma. I have since embarked on 33 fractions of radiotherspy which I finished at the start of December and am due to start oral chemo in jan 23 for 12 cycles. 
throughout this time I have tried to remain positive but to be positive 24/7 is an impossible task, I have had to give up living in my own home, surrender my driving license and haven’t worked since June which has had a financial impact on my life. The hardest part to swallow is despite the surgery, radiotherapy and chemo I have been informed by my oncologist that this won’t cure me and will only keep things in check. 

anyways thanks for reading

• HI Matts1985

a warm welcome to the group and thank you for sharing your story. So sorry to hear about all that you've been through.

Everyone here has a different story but be rest assured that this is a safe supportive space. There's always someone around to listen who gets it, someone to hold your hand and to offer that virtual hug when its needed too. You're not alone. Please reach out anytime

As for my story, I'm supporting my husband through his stage 4 glioblastoma journey. He was first diagnosed in Sept 2020 following a funny turn while out running.  Over the past two years plus I have personally drawn a lot of support from this community. 

It’s always good to talk so please remember that you can also call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

For now I'm sending you a  huge virtual hug (might have some glitter in it - well its almost Christmas so I'm sure you'll forgive me) Stay strong and stay positive.

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm