Low grade glioma brain tumour

• 3 replies
  • 55 subscribers

Hi I've  just found out I have a low grade glioma brain tumour on the 4th of November I'm still in hospital I'm waiting to see the neronoloogy team surgeons I'm really struggling mentally and physically with whatt has happened and looking for some support I'm hoping they will do surgery and take the tumour but I'm not sure what the next steps are has any one else had this and been accepted for surgery I have so many side effects my left side keeps going numb migrains sickness and feeling very weak my brain feels like its on fire and my legs are not good mobility wise is bad is this all normal for having a brain tumour thank you guys big hugs to u all x

• HI Kyme

a warm welcome to the group. So sorry to hear about all you are going through. Scary times.

Every tumour is unique to the person so the symptoms and impact of those will vary from person to person. There is no one size fits all here. I took the liberty of looking up some information for you from the main website that you may find helpful

Glioma brain tumour | Macmillan Cancer Support

I'd also suggest writing down all your questions, fears/concerns and take those notes with you the next time you speak to the neurology team. There's no such thing a stupid question and they are the ones best placed to answer them.

This group is a safe and supportive space so please reach out anytime. There's always someone around to listen who gets it, someone to hold your hand and to offer that virtual hug when its needed.

It’s always good to talk so please remember that you can also call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

For now though I'm sending you a huge virtual hug. Stay strong. Stay positive.

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi Kyme. How are you now? Did you have surgery? Xxx

• Hi I had my surgery cancelled I have to have a urgent mri scan then I have to see the surgeon Mt other date for surgery is the 16th of August but I'm not sure if it be going ahead how are u x