Meningioma in the left parietal lobe

• 2 replies
  • 56 subscribers

Hello everyone, 

The first time I came onto this forum was a few weeks before my Total Thyroidectomy for cancer at the beginning of September this year - (which was successful with no further treatment required. Slight smile)

Sadly I am having to go back to hospital again on the 16 December to have a craniotomy to remove a Meningioma on my left parietal lobe. 

If possible I would like some feedback on what I can expect, and may be given an idea if my stay in hospital  will only be  for 2 -3 days 

Many thanks Sue 

• HI Hopeful2

Sorry to hear you need to have more surgery. 

I can only comment on how my husband's craniotomy went but I'm sure there are others here who will help to put your mind at ease. His surgery was an awake craniotomy. We had an appointment the week before where they did their pre-op checks and explained in detail what would happen on the day. He had surgery on a Wed and was discharged on the Fri. He did however pick up an infection and was re-admitted for a few days. He was quite confused for the first few days after surgery until the swelling went down.

Please remember that this is a safe supportive space so reach out here anytime. There's always someone about to listen, hold your hand and offer a virtual hug when its needed.

It’s always good to talk so please remember that you can also call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

I hope everything goes smoothly.

Sending healing love light and hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thank you for your kind words Wee Me, 

I am still in shock;  I thought I was going into hospital in the New Year, then a few days ago I had a phone call to see if I could go in this month. My family are worried, so I'm putting on a brave face saying all will be ok, but deep down I feel sick and very shaky. My pre-op assessment  is on the 12 Dec so I will find out more then- operation is 4 days later.

Sue xx